The Trustees are necessary for the effective and efficient operation of MHBC and for meeting a State mandate for an accountable body that is responsible for the physical property of the church. The position of Trustee is not a biblical office, and all Trustees are appointed by the Pastor.
- Make spiritual growth a priority by being an active participant in the ministries of teaching, training, and worship.
- Possess the ability to lead persons to Christ.
- Be faithful stewards over God’s household affairs.
- Manage with an openness to new ideas and creativity.
- Use and manage available resources for completions of tasks.
- Prayerfully lead the congregation into action and appropriate decision making.
- Be proficient and organized in the execution of all responsibilities.
- Evaluate and maintain the physical plant conditions of the church property under the direction of the Pastor.
- Assess and recommend changes to physical plant to accommodate the needs of MHBC ministries.
- Lead in the planning and execution of approved projects for the physical plant.
- Make reports to the Pastor and congregation regarding the well-being of the physical plant.
- Work with the janitorial staff in maintaining facilities that are reflective of the Good news of Jesus Christ.
- Monitor the use of facilities.
- Coordinate with church ministries, community organizations, and other entities to maximize use of the physical plant for church and community events.